There are many people in our Sunday River community that make this a special place. Bella Rosso, being one of them, is an avid 7-year-old skier who asked her parents to home school her so she could be on the mountain more. She now spends 4-5 days a week here and is best known by her friends and family for helping to keep Sunday River clean. From pole straps, widgets, and everything in between, she’s on it. To get to know her more, we asked her these 10 questions:
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Bella Ann Rosso, I am 7 and a half years old. I am from Manchester Maine, I love skiing of course, but I also love the beach.
2. How long have you been skiing at Sunday River?
I have been skiing at Sunday River since I was 3 years old.
3. What’s the best part of skiing?
The best part about skiing is being able to do something fun, outside in the winter with my friends and family.
4. Which of our 8 peaks is your favorite?
Barker Mountain is my favorite for sure, never a line for food and between Parent Trap and Last Tango, it’s the best!
5. What’s the best trail on the mountain? And why?
The best trail on the mountain is Last Tango. There is nothing more fun than chasing my dad through the woods.
6. Who’s your favorite skier?
My mom, because I love her!
7. If you were to tell skiers and riders at Sunday River one thing, what would it be?
You have to make keeping the mountain clean a game, the first one to find a piece of trash and get it to the cans by South Ridge wins. Anything can be fun if you turn it into a game, even if it’s picking up trash.
8. What made you start dedicating some of your time to cleaning up the mountain?
I started cleaning up the mountain because I would notice people leaving behind their trash or dropping their items while we were riding the lift. I started thinking, who is going to pick that up? Then I realized, it was me. I needed to pick it up.
9. How many days of skiing do you hope to get in this season?
10. What makes Sunday River your happy place?
Sunday River keeps me off the couch in the winter! It keeps me out smiling with my family and gives me a place to meet up with my friends. The hot chocolate is pretty good too!